Creating a Business Facebook Account
Trending Media doesn’t need to tell you that having a business Facebook account is a must for those hoping to succeed in 2020 and beyond. Facebook has a huge following, pun intended. There are 2.6 billion (yes, billion) active monthly users on the platform.
What many business owners aren’t aware of, however, is that two-thirds of those users visit local business accounts every week. In this blog post, we will discuss six easy to follow steps to create a business Facebook account.
CREATE YOUR BUSINESS FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
- First, go to facebook.com/pages/create. You must be logged into a Facebook personal account to get started, but your personal information does not appear on your new business page.
- Choose your page type: Business/brand or Community/public figure (note: there are different regulations for political pages, and issues Facebook deems of public importance).
- Enter your business details.
CREATE AND USE BRAND IMAGES
Upload your profile and cover photos. Make sure to use the updated image sizes for Facebook so each one look its best. Remember, these image sizes can change with little or no notice so be sure to keep an eye on things to ensure it looks the best it can.
COMPLETE YOUR PAGE’S INFO
For this step, click Edit Page Info and fill in the following sections:
- Description: Use 255 characters or less to describe who you are and what you do.
- Contact info: Fill in every way you want people to be able to reach you (including your website).
- Extras: If it’s relevant to your business, add your operating hours, price range, and other-related items.
CREATE A UNIQUE (AND EASY TO REMEMBER) FACEBOOK USERNAME
Your username is how potential customers find you on Facebook. Click Create Page @Username to make one. A username can be up to 50 characters long.
Some things to consider:
- Choose a search-friendly page name. In most cases, this will be your brand name. If you have multiple locations and an individual page for each, add the city or a familiar street name.
- Whenever possible, use a consistent username across all your social networks.
- Keep in mind that Facebook limits the number of times this can be changed, so choose wisely!
MAKE A CALL-TO-ACTION BUTTON
A call-to-action button allows visitors to your page a quick and easy way to reach you, shop for your products, or otherwise engage with your business. Click Add a Button under your cover photo to set one up. Trending Media recommends not hiding this feature as users who can’t reach a real person may assume you’re a bogus business.
REVIEW YOUR BUSINESS FACEBOOK ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Every Facebook account has settings to give users custom control over who sees what on your page. Be sure to take a look to make sure you understand the privacy and security settings in particular.
If you’d like a little more help getting through the set-up process, we’ve got you covered. Trending Media is a one-stop social shop for all businesses. We create, manage, and schedule all your social media posts for you. Call us today at (478) 919-9889.